Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Transience

I have so much time to think in New York. I don't have many friends (though I've managed to get fairly busy), and my job is intellectually less stimulating than chewing rocks (for the most part). I have a subway ride of 30 minutes twice a day. Probably my best friends are podcasts and iTunesU. Which are both awesome. Listening to Planet Money from NPR, one of my most favored podcasts, right now. Love it.

But in general right now in my life, I feel like things that have been brewing for a while are finally beginning to be coffee. So to speak. That's pretty exciting. I am for sure moving to Brooklyn. Which is really absolutely the most excting thing right now. Besides the guitar-playing I've been doing. But really it's quite exciting. I am somewhat dreading the actual moving process, but whatever. I'll get past that. Through it. Over it.

And things are moving ahead for Peace Corps, just slowly. There are still tons of hoops to jump through. But I'll get there I think. And that's exciting. So I'm feeling both bored and super excited about all the imminent things to come. And that's really all for now. Fun fact of the day: First thing I did today at work was wash the sleeve of my shirt. I'm sure the rest of the day will follow suit. At least I'll be able to practice guitar this evening. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment