Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Best Week Ever!!

So far, srsly this has been the best week ever.

I've been super-busy, and haven't had time to update since the road trip, so here goes.

I got back Thursday night and had a fantastic and relaxing weekend with my sweetheart, then picked up my friend, Amy, to come stay for a few days and see NYC, interview for a few jobs, visit. We chatted Sunday night, then Monday morning I went to my first day at the new position, which is definitely exciting. I was so strongly nervous and psyched about it all that I felt like I was gonna throw up. In a good way??? I don't know how that exactly makes sense.

The first day was a bit overwhelming, but I also ended up feeling pretty confident that I'd excel and end up loving this job. I think it has the potential to push me maybe not to my limit, but far. I will learn a shit ton. I will never be bored. I will be working over 35 hours a week. That's really okay with me, at least right now.

Monday night, Amy and I met up with my friend, John and his roommate for drinks, as well as my friend, Ryan, who recently moved from New York. It was quite lovely to see them all and just catch up, laugh, and enjoy everyone's company. Though I did go to sleep kind of late.

Work the second day was more of first. Lots of policies and procedures (reading them, orienting myself). Then today just took off at work--I was in meetings from 10am until 3pm, then had to get shit together in the afternoon--very busy, I learned so much (I feel like a sponge!!), and I've also been in the process of organizing myself so that my calendar for work is connected to my phone and I can use it/access it when necessary, and then also I've begun creating to do lists and notes from things on my phone. It's becoming way more useful even than it had been before. Which, really, I wasn't sure was possible. Evidently, it was. Anyway, I didn't get a lunch time today, and ended up being at work until almost 7pm, partly because I was waiting for my friend, Natacha, with whom I was going to dinner. I did finish up some work, so the extra time was helpful.

Natacha and I went to dinner, and I'm only now heading home at after 11pm. So we had a wonderful conversation, and it was just really great to hang out with her after seeing friends from home to realize that I do have some people here who I very much love and enjoy hanging out with. And it was really rare to get time without kids or work being "in the way." But I do adore her children, so having them around isn't exactly in the way. Just a different kind of time together.

Anyway, I'm just feeling so lucky, and thinking about how wonderful my life is. My mom is coming in a few weeks, I have an eventful but not too packed weekend planned, and I really love the people in my life, both who visit me and who live here (though there are so many fewer of them). I am just basking in the glory of my fantastic (for now) life, savoring every moment of this. What a brilliant time!

No comments:

Post a Comment