Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fantastic

So I got to see my dear friend, Molly, last night for the first time in forEVER. It was so great to see her, and we had dinner, saw It's Complicated (awesome!! movie) and then met up with Palmer and Peter at Boots and Saddle, this gay bar Peter used to bar tend at in the West Village that at this point I've been to like...5 times? We went a couple weeks ago and sang karaoke, which was fun especially with the gahgeous drag queen who was hosting. It's definitely a dive bar, but that means it's chill. We tried to go to Duplex, a place across the street, but there was a fire in their basement. Yea. So we went back to Boots. I did not go to sleep until 5:30am. And that was only because I insisted on going to sleep. So much fun and dancing. Just not much sleep. So I'm finally sort of feeling like this city is a bit of a home for me. Still very interested in finding a job I like a lot more, but you know. Only so much I can do about the economy sucking.

That's all I've got for now. Life is still pretty mundane, but I'm enjoying that, having some relaxing time. I keep planning on playing my guitar or reading, but I've gotten so distracted by other things that this week has flown by. Work was actually kind of successful this week, which was awesome but also frustratingly not about how much work I'm doing--I have no real control over whether the week goes well or not. That is frustrating. But alas, so is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment