Sunday, February 7, 2010

Who'da Thunk?

The title. This is referring to the fact that the person (Natacha) who I've been hanging out with most recently is a bit older than me, but more importantly has two children who are 7 & 9.

So I'm on my way to a superbowl party in New Jersey at a VISTA's place, and I'm coming from Queens after ice skating with a coworker and her kids, sister and sister's kids. Lots of fun, especially because the skating was indoors, which made it actually warmer than inside, and the skates were really good quality, so I could actually skate a bit. I hung out with Natacha and her kids pretty much all weekend--I think this is the most I've done on a weekend in a long time. Maybe since NC. Friday, I went to Noche de Amor at Natacha's kids' school, which was CRAZY--so many elementary kids running all over. But it was cool. Then I went home to sleep, which was fine--I played a little guitar first, which was a continuation of, or inspired by, my performance at work earlier. I had to play guitar and sing for National Black AIDS Awareness Day, and then I just kinda wanted to keep playing.

Then Saturday, Natacha invited me to this winter day in the park (Central), where they make snow and have skiing lessons and stuff. I met her at a bowling alley because Nicholas, her son, was at a birthday party there, and then we met up with Danielle, her daughter and friend Alisa with HER mom, Cynthia, to go to the winter thing. It was super cold, and I dumbly failed to wear enough clothes, so I was a bit cold, but it was fine, cool to get out and do something. Then we went back over to Cynthia and Alisa's on the Upper West Side to hang out a bit.

I had plans to get dinner and see improv with my friend Ryan, and the timing could not have been better--so we went to dinner, which was great, and improv, which was funny, though definitely far from the best I've seen. It happens. When I got home, Adel was there and he and Palmer were up shooting the shit, so we all hung out for a bit. And then today I woke up and Natacha said she and the kids were going ice skating and invited me. I had a little adventure getting there because the train I was supposed to take was under construction. But I eventually got there. We ate some lunch and got to skate a bit. And now I'm heading to a superbowl party--more exciting navigation of the mass transit system of greater NYC! But it's been really nice to have low-pressure things to do. I almost forgot what it was like to actually be willing to get up and do something. And I still got to sleep enough :).

No comments:

Post a Comment