Thursday, March 18, 2010

Adventuring through this life

The past week has been...exciting to say the least. I went to DC last weekend, where both of my parents happened to be visiting, which was awesome. I got to hang out with Ali and both parents and Delacey (sister). It was rainy, but overall a fantastic weekend. I went to Zumba, this dance-exercise class, with Ali and decided to sign up for my own here in NY because it was so awesome (and I've been meaning to do something for a while). It was intense for real, so I'm excited about that, at least for the next 4 weeks.

I found out yesterday that I did not get the job I was hoping to get, which was quite a downer. But so goes life. And because of that, as is my theme for the year, I decided to move onward and upward and revisit my options. I do want to go to graduate school, and so I looked into doing this Master's International program with the Peace Corps, but it turns out to get funding, it's already past the dates to apply for grad school programs. So I decided to just go ahead and submit my Peace Corps application instead, which I should've done a long time ago. But now the process has begun (as of like 5 minutes ago), and I'll see where it takes me. I will also keep applying for other jobs as I hear about/see them, either here, in DC, or in the Triangle area. And I will just see what happens. I woke up this morning with an annoying sore throat, so I took a sick day to hopefully recover. I think it helped.

The best thing is the weather--it is finally (finally!!) gorgeous here. And that is very exciting. I went for a walk with my friend, Natacha, and her kids (who had to share one scooter, which was challenging). I'm also looking into volunteering for some kind of research project so that I won't be so bored, and can get some more research experience under my belt.

While it is frightening to be young and have no idea what I'm doing with my life, I can't deny that it is exciting. And I do think I'm getting the hang of going after things, them not working out, and moving on. I'm so. frustrated. But I'm also hopeful. And I had a nap today. So it's all good.

ps--I'd like to note that I changed the title. I decided that it was more correct to say that I am learning to be an adult. Because I am. And now that it's been nearly two years since I was even close to being able to claim that I wasn't an adult, it's time to stop pretending.

No comments:

Post a Comment